Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ready to Launch



I’ve just sent my book off to a publisher friend to see if it is publishable. I’ve been working on “Piece by Piece - Bali Dreams, Love and the Land of Alzheimer’s” for almost four years. It’s been through two edits and countless re reads trying to seek out misspellings and gross punctuation errors.  I think the words conspire while I sleep to put commas where they shouldn’t be and to veil words so spell check can’t find them.

I’m ready to launch this effort to free up some time for other creative pursuits. The first time I thought I’d finished it, I felt like I’d lost a friend, like I was grieving. See my blog post on this at: 



But this time it feels like it’s ready to leave home. I know there will be a lot of work to do to promote it when it finally gets published but the creative part is done. Now it’ll be the business of getting published leading me on and then the business of marketing.

Hand Painted Bone with Jasper
In the jewelry arena I showed some of my experiments of hand colored bone carvings to a collector and friend. She thought they were so nice she bought a pair of the earrings. That inspires and motivates me to get back to my experiments with color.  As much as I love our mammoth tusk carvings, I adore color.  I'm a painter after all!

In the meantime I have my fingers crossed that “Piece by Piece” will be well received and a constructive critique comes out of this professional reading.  I’m already dreaming of the next book - a cookbook with stories.

Creativity is my life and I don’t really care how it expresses itself just so it does.

How does creativity express itself for you? How does it feed you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments and the comment section isn't working then please email me at: suzworld2@gmail.com