Sunday, March 31, 2013

Moments



While I was in California, I stayed over night with my friends, Judy and Jerry.  I had an unusually deep restful sleep on the upper floor of their art filled house in country. The   delightful room was filled with their six year old grand daughter's, Sophia's, toys.  I was especially intrigued with a carousel of scissors, that each cut a different pattern such as scallops, jagged spikes, or waves. I thought, "What a lucky child," knowing how adored she is as well as having creative tools at her disposal.

The next night Sophia stayed the night and slept in her room in the bed I'd slept in.  

Ever since she could express herself, Sophia has said she wants to be a dentist. In the morning Judy, by chance, asked her if she still wanted to be a dentist but she said, "No, I want to be a carver and an artist!"

No one in the house thinks Sophia knows what I do for a living - that I'm an artist and that I design carvings to put into my jewelry.  How did this happen?  Is she psychic? Are young children connected to a form of communication we've lost as adults?  

Whatever the answer, these magical life moments thrill me and I sense are connected to the conduit of creativity and staying present.

Thank you, Sophia.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story, Susan! I always appreciate your experiences.
    Love,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete

If you have comments and the comment section isn't working then please email me at: suzworld2@gmail.com