Monday, October 29, 2012

Dream Time




Whatever you can do or dream you can
Begin it!
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
                                                                                              -Goethe 


The 2012 Ubud Reader's and Writer's Festival has come and gone. The individual writers, the panels, and the influx of ideas from all over the world were inspirational or thought provoking or both. 

At the 2007 festival, a writer said, "If you want to write, get published anyway you can." He lit a fire. For years I'd dreamed to do a cookbook with one page in English and the facing page in Indonesian. Within a month this writer's words moved me to start 'Food Glorious Food', a recipe column in the Bali Advertiser. I view the column as my dream cookbook - two recipes a month.  

And now at this year's event bloggers stirred my inspiration to start a blog based on twelve years experiences as a caregiver for my husband with Alzheimer's Disease. I've been thinking of doing this for a couple of years but questioned if I had anything to add to the very good blogs already on the web. 

This is another creative outlet plus we caregivers need to read each others stories. It's my hope that 'Alz World' will give added support.

You can check it out at: 
http://alzworld-susantereba.blogspot.com

Driven to create and live my dreams, I hope others will be inspired to live theirs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have comments and the comment section isn't working then please email me at: suzworld2@gmail.com